Compact Fernspray Cypress – Chamaecyparis obtusa ‘Filicoides Compacta’
This lovely hinoki grows more like a fern than a wee tree. A stunning gem for the miniature garden, the branches grow out from the base of the tree rather than along the trunk – thus the “Fernspray” name. You can prune it to keep its compact shape or just let it do what it does naturally. An unusual hinoki for the miniature garden that can stand alone as a focal point. A treat to grow.
- Growth: 6” – 12" per year – we’ve experienced it as being slower-growing in our miniature gardens.
- Shape: Upright broad
- Hardiness: Cold hardy Zones 5-8 or to -20F
- Heat Hardy: Heat Zones 8-1
- Light: Full sun to part shade
- Water: Regular water if in a pot, let dry out to damp in between watering
- Maintenance: Clean out the dead leaves inside the shrub when it’s young, when you see them
- Prune judiciously in mid to late winter to keep it compact
- Tips may turn bronze or amber in the colder areas in winter, it's 'winter blush'
- Comes in a 4" pot
- An outdoor plant
WE CAN ONLY GUARANTEE PLANTS SHIPPED BY PRIORITY MAIL.
Parcel post takes 7 to 10 days and puts a lot of stress on the trees during transit. We cannot guarantee any plants shipped this way - but it is your choice to make during checkout. We recommend Priority Mail for a safe - and guaranteed - journey.
The shipping in this secure shopping cart is automatically calculated, all shipping charges are double-checked to ensure accuracy.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email Janit at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 206-352-0494.
We can only ship plants to the lower 48 States and Alaska. We are certified by the USDA.
- Item #: COFC1
- Cannot ship to: Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Canada, Cayman Islands, Denmark, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Isle of Man, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Virgin Islands, British