Concorde Japanese Barberry - Berberis thunbergii 'Concorde'
Fantastic color and shape!! Yellow flowers in the spring are gradually hidden by the deep purple leaves. Fall bring bright red foliage and red berries. Trim in winter to slow the growth rate down even more.
This tree is deciduous, meaning that it will drop its leaves for the fall. It has thorns. Drought tolerant once established - great for a low maintenance miniature garden.
- Great leaf color with pretty flowers in the spring
- Compact, globe shaped
- Cold hardy zones 4 to 8 or hardy to -30F
- Heat hardy zones 8 to 4 (AHS Heat Zone Chart)
- Full sun
- Well draining soil
- Regular water
- Do not let it dry out between watering
- Let dry out to wrung-sponge damp in between waterings
- Prune in winter to slow down growth rate even more
- Can be pruned, snip just above a set of leaves to hide the cut mark
- Growth rate 2” to 4” per year - prune to control growth and bushy-ness
- Can prune in fall or spring after flowering
- Prune off any dead wood in early spring
- A rust-resistant variety
- We are inspected by the USDA
- Fertilize with mild fertilizer in spring and in mid summer
- Comes in a 4” diameter pot
- An outdoor plant
WE CAN ONLY GUARANTEE PLANTS SHIPPED BY PRIORITY MAIL.
Parcel post takes 7 to 10 days and puts a lot of stress on the trees during transit. We cannot guarantee any plants shipped this way - but it is your choice to make during checkout.
We recommend Priority Mail for a safe - and guaranteed - journey.
The shipping in this secure shopping cart is automatically calculated, all shipping charges are double-checked to ensure accuracy. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email Janit at email@example.com, or call 206-352-0494.
We can only ship plants to the lower 48 States and Alaska. We are certified by the USDA.
- Item #: BTCC1