Tsatsumi Hinoki Cypress - Chamaecyparis obtusa ‘Tsatsumi’
Narrow, threadlike foliage with plenty of twists and curls, exposing crooked mahogany branches. Rounded when young, 'Tsatsumi' develops more height and more texture as it ages, while maintaining its compact form and fine foliage. An excellent selection for a highly visible spot in the rock garden or fairy garden, where a unique accent is needed. The tangled green growth of this unusual plant gives it a lot of character. Protect from drying winds.
- Lacy foliage blushes amber in winter
- Growth shape is upright broad
- Growth rate is 3" to 6" per year, more in areas with a longer growing season
- Hardiness: Cold hardy Zones 5-8 or to -20F
- Heat Hardy: Heat Zones 8-1
- Light: Full sun to part shade
- Water: Regular water if in a pot, let dry out to damp in between watering
- Maintenance: Clean out the dead leaves inside the shrub when you see them
- Tips may turn bronze or amber in the colder areas in winter, called the 'winter blush'
- Comes in a 4" pot
- An outdoor plant
WE CAN ONLY GUARANTEE PLANTS SHIPPED BY PRIORITY MAIL.
Parcel post takes 7 to 10 days and puts a lot of stress on the trees during transit. We cannot guarantee any plants shipped this way - but it is your choice to make during checkout. We recommend Priority Mail for a safe - and guaranteed - journey.
The shipping in this secure shopping cart is automatically calculated, all shipping charges are double-checked to ensure accuracy.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email Steve@twogreenthumbs.com, or call 206-352-0494 Mon to Fri, 10am to 4pm PST.
We can only ship plants to the lower 48 States and Alaska. We are certified by the USDA.
- Item #: COTT2
- Cannot ship to: Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Canada, Cayman Islands, Denmark, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Isle of Man, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Virgin Islands, British