Golden Torch Barberry - Berberis thunbergii 'Golden Torch'
Another great barberry for the miniature garden - add a splash of color where you need it. Taller and more column-like than the Golden Devine, we have found this barberry grows slower in containers than in the ground. Here in cool Seattle, it grows about 4" to 6" per year.
The left-most photos show it just flushing in for spring. The right-most photos show the leaves filled in a bit more.
Small flowers bloom in the early summer. The wee tree is deciduous, meaning that it will drop its leaves for the fall after turning into a blend of yellow and red leaves. It has thorns. Drought tolerant once established - great for a low maintenance miniature garden.
- Great color with pretty flowers in the spring
- Upright column shape
- Cold hardy zones 4 to 8 or hardy to -30F
- Heat hardy zones 8 to 4 (AHS Heat Zone Chart)
- Full sun
- Well draining soil
- Regular water
- Do not let it dry out between watering if in a container
- Let dry out to wrung-sponge damp in between waterings
- Can be pruned, snip just above a set of leaves to hide the cut mark
- Growth rate 6" to 8” per year - prune to control growth and bushy-ness
- Trim to encourage branching if creating a hedge
- Can prune in fall or spring after flowering
- Prune off any dead wood in early spring
- A rust-resistant variety
- We are inspected by the USDA
- Fertilize with mild fertilizer in spring and in mid summer
- Comes in a 4” diameter pot
- An outdoor plant
WE CAN ONLY GUARANTEE PLANTS SHIPPED BY PRIORITY MAIL.
Parcel post takes 7 to 10 days and puts a lot of stress on the trees during transit. We cannot guarantee any plants shipped this way - but it is your choice to make during checkout.
We recommend Priority Mail for a safe - and guaranteed - journey.
The shipping in this secure shopping cart is automatically calculated, all shipping charges are double-checked to ensure accuracy. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email Janit at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 206-352-0494.
We can only ship plants to the lower 48 States and Alaska.
We are certified by the USDA.
- Item #: BTGT1