Intermediate Sawara Cypress - Chamaecyparis pisifera 'Squarrosa Intermedia'
This Squarrosa Intermediate Cypress is an unexpected treat for the miniature garden. It is a little faster growing but it can be sheared to slow down the growth rate, or, leave it to grow into a miniature bush, and then trim it to keep it in shape.
In the full-sized garden this plant is used for topiary, when the whip-like branches are trimmed annually, it will fill in with compressed, soft foliage. If left alone, it will grow up like shown in the second picture, the tree on the left.
- Wonderful blue-green color
- New growth is softer
- Upright broad shape
- Growth rate: 6" to 12" per year
- Can be trimmed annually to slow down the growth rate
- Cold hardy Zones 4-8 or to -30F
- Heat Zones 8-1 but avoid extremes to be safe
- Full Sun, watch the hot summer sun if in a container
- Regular water if in a pot, let dry out to just damp in between
- Comes in a 4" pot
- An outdoor plant
WE CAN ONLY GUARANTEE PLANTS SHIPPED BY PRIORITY MAIL.
Parcel post takes 7 to 10 days and puts a lot of stress on the trees during transit. We cannot guarantee any plants shipped this way - but it is your choice to make during checkout.
We recommend Priority Mail for a safe - and guaranteed - journey.
The shipping in this secure shopping cart is automatically calculated, all shipping charges are double-checked to ensure accuracy. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email Janit at email@example.com, or call 206-352-0494.
We can only ship plants to the lower 48 States and Alaska. We are certified by the USDA.
- Item #: CPSI1
- Cannot ship to: Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Canada, Cayman Islands, Denmark, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Isle of Man, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Virgin Islands, British