Jersey Jewel Japanese Holly - Ilex crenata 'Jersey Jewel'
A new favorite miniature garden plant - it is so cute!
'Jersey Jewel' is a smaller version of the well-known 'Dwarf Pagoda.' he leaves are tapered to a point, and the green color looks darker, and richer too. See a comparison between the two in the right-most photograph. Click to enlarge.
- Leaves are thick and pointed
- Growth appears more of an upright, columnar in shape
- Grows 1/2" to 1" per year - suspect it slower than the Dwarf Pagoda
- If it's happy, it will produce tiny white flowers in the summer followed by red berries
- Introduced by Elwin Orton of Rutgers University
- Comes in a 4” diameter pot
- Growth rate: Less than 1"/yr
- Hardy to cold sones 5-7, or to -20F
- Heat hardy zones 7-5
- Very cool full or eastern sun to part shade
- Regular water
- fertilize lightly after 2 years if planted in a container
- An outdoor plant
WE CAN ONLY GUARANTEE PLANTS SHIPPED BY PRIORITY MAIL.
Parcel post takes 7 to 10 days and puts a lot of stress on the trees during transit. We cannot guarantee any plants shipped this way - but it is your choice to make during checkout.
We recommend Priority Mail for a safe - and guaranteed - journey.
The shipping in this secure shopping cart is automatically calculated, all shipping charges are double-checked to ensure accuracy. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email Janit at email@example.com, or call 206-352-0494.
We can only ship plants to the lower 48 States and Alaska. We are certified by the USDA.
- Item #: ICJJ1