Thyme-Leaf Cotoneaster on Standard - Cotoneaster microphylla 'Thymifolius'
Our beloved Thyme-Leaf Cotoneaster is now on standard! (“On standard” is the official name for that long trunk.) We can only imagine the possibilities of this new idea in our miniature gardens. The branching habit will grow out from the "base" - as opposed to the Streib's Findling Cotoneaster on Standard where the branches will have a natural cascade effect.
White flowers in spring followed by red berries for a fall and winter display. Trim wayward growth and pinch off new growth that appears along the trunk when you see it.
What a treat. Supply is limited.
- White or pinkish flowers in the summer followed by red inedible berries
- Trees are 15" tall
- Trees are 4" to 5" tall in 4" pots
- Great for in-ground or containers
- Also seen as 'Thyminifolia'
- Needs full sun, in desert areas shelter it from the hot sun
- Cold hardy in Zones 5 to 9, or to -20F
- Heat zones 8 - 6
- Needs well-drained soil
- Growth rate estimated at 3" to 5" per year, but can to be pruned
- Spreading growth habit
- Regular water, let dry out to damp to avoid overwatering
- An outdoor plant
- Comes in a 4" pot
WE CAN ONLY GUARANTEE PLANTS SHIPPED BY PRIORITY MAIL.
Parcel post takes 7 to 10 days and puts a lot of stress on the trees during transit. We cannot guarantee any plants shipped this way - but it is your choice to make during checkout. We recommend Priority Mail for a safe - and guaranteed - journey.
The shipping in this secure shopping cart is automatically calculated, all shipping charges are double-checked to ensure accuracy.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email Janit at email@example.com, or call 206-352-0494.
We can only ship plants to the lower 48 States and Alaska.
We are certified by the USDA.
- Item #: CMTY1-STD
- Cannot ship to: Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, Cayman Islands, Cyprus, Denmark, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Isle of Man, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Virgin Islands, British