Tom Thumb Cotoneaster - Cotoneaster apiculata 'Tom Thumb'
The Tom Thumb Cotoneaster is fun little shrub for the miniature garden and extremely well behaved. Shear it in winter while its dormant to keep its globe shape. The leaves are tinier than most of the other Cotoneasters and it can lend itself to the smallest of settings - they turn color and drop in autumn too. **Pretty white flowers turn to red berries by fall (inedible.)
A perfect companion to conifers, it grows slowly into a low spreading mat that can be kept trimmed easily.
Deciduous: it will shed its tiny leaves in autumn and leave a wonderful reddy stemmed skeleton for winter interest. - PLANTS ARE STARTING TO BUD FOR SPRING, 03-02-2017
- Tiny leaves are to scale
- Sturdy plant, can be used in a variety of situations
- Great for containers or in ground
- Growth rate 4"/yr
- Cold hardy zones 5 to 7, or hardy to -20F
- Heat zones 7 - 5
- Full sun to part shade
- Regular water with good drainage
- Trim when it's dormant in the winter
- Comes in a 4" pot
- An outdoor plant
WE CAN ONLY GUARANTEE PLANTS SHIPPED BY PRIORITY MAIL.
Parcel post takes 7 to 10 days and puts a lot of stress on the trees during transit. We cannot guarantee any plants shipped this way - but it is your choice to make during checkout.
We recommend Priority Mail for a safe - and guaranteed - journey.
The shipping in this secure shopping cart is automatically calculated, all shipping charges are double-checked to ensure accuracy. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email Janit at email@example.com, or call 206-352-0494.
We can only ship plants to the lower 48 States and Alaska.
We are certified by the USDA.
- Item #: CTTT1
- Cannot ship to: Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Canada, Cayman Islands, Denmark, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Isle of Man, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Virgin Islands, British